Yume Japanese Gardens is a tranquil haven, and we ask visitors to treat it with care to preserve its peaceful beauty, sensitive plantings, and carefully tended landscapes. While in the Gardens, please respect our visitor and photographic policies.
- Stay on the pathways at all times except when sitting on benches, verandas, or in viewing shelters.
- Keep pathways clear and accessible for others, particularly the disabled.
- Refrain from smoking in the Gardens or parking areas.
- Cell phone use is prohibited except for photography or filming.
- Service animals are welcome, but leave other pets outside the Gardens.
- Small children must be accompanied by adults at all times, especially in the pond area.
- Food and beverages (except bottled water) are not allowed in the Gardens.
- Do not take plant cuttings, pick flowers, climb trees, step into raked areas, feed the koi or throw objects (including coins) into the pond.
- Parking at the Gardens is limited. Please do not block other vehicles or parking lot entrances and exits. Do not park in handicapped spaces without a permit.
- Lock your car and take valuables with you. We are not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to the property of visitors.
Visitors who wish to photograph and film in the Gardens are encouraged to do so for their personal, casual use and the enjoyment of memories. Please observe the following guidelines.
- No photography or filming is allowed by professional photographers or amateurs acting as professionals.
- Formal family portraits, holiday, wedding, senior, engagement, and quinceanera portraits and posed portraits of individuals are prohibited.
- Photography and filming of Yume Japanese Gardens and its logo for commercial, advertising, or promotional use is strictly forbidden. This includes but is not limited to images taken for: publishing; marketing; educational materials; products and retail merchandise; general and web advertising; Facebook and other electronic posting; broadcast; or any situation in which the photographer receives payment or other consideration for use of the images.
- Yume Japanese Gardens reserves the right to prohibit other photography, filming, and image reproduction as circumstances may require.
- Because pathways must be kept accessible, tripod use is not permitted. Monopods are allowed.
- Visitors and volunteers who wish to submit their images for uncredited and uncompensated use in commercial, advertising, marketing, educational, and promotional materials produced by Yume Japanese Gardens are welcome to upload their photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selection of images and their reproduction is at the sole discretion of Yume Japanese Gardens.
Respecting Garden Etiquette
We are committed to preserving the authentic atmosphere and fragile environment of the Gardens. Those who do not comply with visitor and photographic policies or who indulge in inappropriate or offensive behavior will be asked to leave without a refund of their admission fee.